Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Diary of a 1990's 11 year old: Day 1

I was going through my old filing cabinet today, when I discovered my diary from 1997. It follows the first 7 days of my annual Summer trip to see my father, which involved a coast-to-coast flight from Los Angeles to Greenbelt, Maryland. While rife with atrocious misspellings and terrible grammar (retained here), it is also highly detailed and contains some awesome raw insight and plenty of humor. While I don't know how amusing it will be to a complete stranger, it had me laughing, loudly and heartily, on multiple occasions. Yet, the best part about it to me is that it captures the wonderful magic and innocence of young love, and was both a touching and sad reminder of the purity and buoyancy that we all, inevitably, become estranged from. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did.
-J.W.Siegel





Day 2 will be posted tomorrow! It gets juicy!

No comments:

Post a Comment